Dr. David Taler was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and recently moved to the Carmel area with his wife and two sons, Jackson and Hudson. He attended Franklin and Marshall College in Pennsylvania for his undergraduate education. There, he not only earned a Bachelor’s of Arts in Biology, but he also became a highly decorated varsity lacrosse player. Dr. Taler earned membership into the Delphic Society, which recognizes scholar athletes who are members of the Dean’s List as well as varsity letter winners.
After graduation, Dr. Taler attended University of Maryland Dental School where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. After completing his dental requirements one year early, he was invited to attend the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Clerkship. Here, he continued to expand his dental education in more specific fields such as implantology, oral surgery, endodontics and cosmetic dentistry.
Once he completed dental school, Dr. Taler attended a residency training program at the Baltimore Veteran’s Affairs Hospital. He focused his training on implantology and prosthodontics. Due to his leadership skills and extensive knowledge of dentistry, he was nominated as chief resident of his program.
Dr. Taler then worked in private practice in Maryland and Chicago where he continued to provide excellence in oral health and comprehensive dentistry. He continues his education with courses in orthodontics, implantology and periodontology. He brings modern techniques in implant and cosmetic dentistry to the office in order to provide the best treatment for each and every patient. Some of Dr. Taler’s academic achievements include:
· Awarded Top 10 Dentist in Indiana by National Academy for Dental Professionals
· Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
· Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
· Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
· Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
· Graduate of the prestigious California Implant Institute
· Finished first clinically in his dental school class at the University of Maryland
· Published multiple articles in advanced dental prosthetics and restorative procedures
· Trained in orthodontics including traditional braces as well as Invisalign
· Chief Resident at the Baltimore Veteran’s Affairs Hospital GPR
Dr. Taler looks to provide top of the line care for all of his patients in a comforting and relaxed atmosphere. He is adamant about staying on the cutting edge of new technologies and techniques to provide to you and your family.